Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Welcome to the world Kendall Beaver!


Kendall Lee Beaver
Born Friday May 7, 2010 at 5:56am
9 lbs 7 oz
21 inches
Thursday morning I had a dr. appointment. I was only 3cm dilated but 80% effaced. We scheduled an induction for Monday the 10th but my doc was sure I wouldn't make it through the weekend.
Later that day I was having some Braxton Hicks contractions. Nothing real consistent. I somewhat dismissed them. Later that night I went to bed like normal expecting to wake up like normal....hahahah!!!
Cass gets home from work around 12:30am and usually goes to bed between 1 and 2am. At 3am, I woke up to use the bathroom and had a contraction. I got back in bed and 7 minutes later, another one. So I laid there and sure enough, I had contractions that came anywhere between 5 and 9 minutes apart. They were random but strong so I woke Cass up at 3:45am to time them. They were lasting for one minute. In the meantime, Nathan woke up. I brought him in my bed since I could make it through the contractions without too much trouble, hoping he would just go right back to sleep. He must have sensed something going on because he wouldn't go to sleep.
We called my mom to head over because we felt at this point we should get ready to head to the hospital (in Salem, a half hour away).
When my mom got there, I struggled to get out of bed...not because of the pain but because I didn't want to leave Nathan. He was holding me so tight. I get emotional just thinking about it.
When I did get up to leave, I questioned whether we were going to soon...my contractions were still randomly coming between 5 and 9 minutes. But we went anyway.
Half way up the freeway they started to come at every 2 and three minutes. This is where it really starts to suck.
We make it to the hospital, and I get wheeled to the maternity floor...they are casually taking their time to check me in...in the meantime, I'm gagging in a barf bag. I finally get wheeled into my room (and I don't like my nurse...she tried cracking jokes and seemed to be taking her time). Let me back up...we get to the hospital at 5am, in the wheel chair at 5:06am, in my room and in the bed around 5:20am.
The nurse checks me....I'm at 8.5 cm! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
All of a sudden there are several nurses in my room. One is doing the admitting, asking questions. One is doing the IV, and others are wheeling things in.
Where the hell is my epidural? Oh, the guy that gives them is headed to a c-section.
She was going to give me a pain killer to take the edge off the contractions but as soon as she started to, I felt like I needed to push.
At this point, a doctor comes in, breaks my water and tells me to push.
HOLY COW!
TWO pushes later I had a huge baby laying on my stomach.
I can't describe the feeling of giving birth without any drugs or an epidural...honestly not as bad as I thought it would be...but not a cake walk:)
So Kendall's birth story is only three hours long and two pushes later!!!!!
I know Nathan loves his little sister but doesn't pay a whole lot of attention to her. He is still adjusting but overall doing really good!!!
I feel like the luckiest mamma alive to have two BEAUTIFUL babies and a husband that adores them and takes care of us!

5 comments:

The Cleary Family said...

O.M.G. No drugs. Three hours. Two pushes?!

You are amazing.

She is beautiful!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Cedar Reids said...

Wow! That is a great story!! :) Drugs are over-rated anyways right? I'm proud of you, and can't believe she is 9 lbs., that sounds like one of mine not yours :) Congratulations she is beautiful and if I haven't told you before, I love the name Kendall!

Lulu said...

SOOOO excited!!! I want to meet your precious baby girl soon, but you guys take your time getting settled in as a family of 4 first ;)
You rock!

tegner two said...

CONGRATS!!! Cannot believe you only pushed 2 times for an almost 10lb baby!!! Rock.Star:)

Samantha said...

yay! Congratulations and beautiful baby girl!!!