Monday, June 7, 2010

1 Month old...and I got out!

Tiffani, our friend Sarah, and my little family decided to head up to Enchanted Forest on Saturday. I can't even tell you how nice it was to be around other adults AND get out of the house for some fun! The kids had a blast. 
Yesterday, Tiff and I had a little time out to go see our other friend Jeni in a play, The Producers. It was so much fun and so nice to get out without the kidlets :)

I can't believe that Kendall is ONE MONTH OLD!!! Time is going pretty quickly. I hate to say it but I'm glad the first several weeks do go quickly. I'm not a fan of the newborn stage...don't get me wrong, I love my newborn...I just don't like the things that go along with them. Like lack of sleep, getting up every two or three hours, breastfeeding (which is easier the 2nd time around and getting better as time goes on), timing EVERY thing I do, breastfeeding in public (at Hansel and Gretel at Enchanted Forest), etc. If you're a mom, you know what I'm talking about. Thank God for Lexapro to help me through it!!!!
I will say that I'm pleasantly surprised at how much easier and relaxed I am with the 2nd child. I'm also doing good on my own when Cass is at work. Only one major melt down...Nathan naked in the bath (with NO water) throwing a half hour tantrum, refusing to get out, kicking and screaming if I physically removed him, Kendall hungry and crying, and me about to totally lose it. Made a panic phone call to my mom and Bob and then things calmed down!!! Live and learn, right?!
Nathan is being such a great big brother. He doesn't pay a ton of attention to her but when he does, he is so sweet! He likes to kiss her and tell her "sweet dreams." He shakes her hand and says "nice to meet ya."
We are starting to look into preschools for him for the Fall. I can't believe he is going to be 3 and starting school...time flies!

Kendall is high maintenance!! Loves to be held. We are REALLY trying to establish good sleep habits from the get go but she has a mind of her own and a temperment to go with it! I guess we will be looking into some good sleep training methods in the next several months!!!
She is smiling!! They are still few and far between but the melt your heart when she does!
The last several nights, I nurse her, she is awake for a while and then sleeps for three hours. So I've been starting my night with three or four hours of sleep. Makes such a difference in the morning! It's also nice that Cass gets home from work just shortly after midnight. I pass her off to him and get a few hours of sleep to myself. THANKS HONEY!

We are doing really great as a family of four. We feel so lucky to have such beautiful, high maintenance babies!!! I look forward to what is to come in our future...the holidays, Birthdays, family vacations, etc.
I'll post more pics of my cute kids soon!

No comments: