Friday, June 11, 2010

4am

So a few weeks ago, Kendall was showing signs of colic. Her uncomfortable time was usually between 7pm and 10pm. Somehow this time has shifted and now comes consistently at 4am. Poor girl gets really gassy and uncomfortable. It usually only lasts about an hour.

She also has really bad baby acne. I think it is caused by the heat when we snuggle her at night. See, she hates to sleep by herself. Cass and I are working hard to break this habit. Last night she slept in her crib for two 2.5 hour stretches!!! Woohoo, progress.  At 2:30am, however, it wasn't so easy and of course I was too tired to be consistent and she slept with me. We'll get there...we are determined to make good habits.  To help her, I bought a white noise machine that was recommended by a friend. I can't wait for it to get here.

Nathan and I are addicted to the Wii. He likes to sword fight and I like to do the three point contest (in which I am the record holder!). We play it far too much during the day but what else can we do when the weather stinks. Nathan is also an amazing bowler! His record is 145!!! He can bowl three strikes in a row. TURKEY!!
Nathan loves when Kendall smiles at him, which she is doing more and more of!! It is one of the highlights of our day.
I am trying to be more productive around the house. Kendall wants to be held ALL THE TIME so it is hard. Cass has today off so I want to get through some cleaning projects I have on mt to-do list.

As tough as the days can be, I feel SO blessed to have two beautiful kids and an amazing husband!!! Life is good, no doubt about it!

No comments: