Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fun Festival with Mom and Bob!!

So a couple weekends ago, my mom and Bob drove down for the weekend! I enticed them here with the local Fun Festival festivities! Seriously though, Coos Bay hosts the annual Prefontaine Memorial run...a 10K (6.2 miles) up a huge hill. They call it Agony Hill so you can imagine how tough it was. Anyway, my mom, Cass and I all signed up and on Saturday morning put on our sneakers and headed out for a nice, long, and tough jog. We were all really proud of how we did. For the first time ever, I ran for 6.2 miles straight...with the exception of about 1/4 mile up Agony Hill. It was on the second half of the race and so I was already whooped by the time it was time for the big climb. Anyway, we all finished and were super happy with how we did.

After we finished, we went home, showered up and headed down to the parade. It was Nathan's first parade and he just stared. It was hard to tell what he thought, he looked very focused.
He looks so adorable it this outfit...this was the car ride to the parade. And below is Nathan and Daddy!
When we were done walking through the festival, mom and I dropped the guys off at our place to watch football and nap. We headed out to the mall...good ol' Pony Village! We found some great deal, grabbed dinner and headed home. Our legs were exhausted!! We had such a good time having them visit and hope they do it again really soon.

Stay tuned...I'm running a 5K in a couple weeks and hope to do even better!

1 comment:

christinaandbrian said...

ok i'm totally behind on blog reading. LOVE THE HAT!!! He is so cute!!! I was going to break out Brody's this week but looks like we are going to be in the 90's today..WHAT?! Have a fun fun fall!!