Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ten and a half weeks!

So my last post was short and sweet. I thought I should explain a little. However, I don't want to blog about all the bad stuff so first I'll list the great things that came from our experience here in Coos Bay:

-Lifelong, irreplaceable friendships
-Great work experience for both Cass and I
-We experienced life away from home
-We got to watch Nathan go from baby to all boy this year
-We live five minutes from the ocean and beach
-I worked in a coffee shop & gym...the two places I ALWAYS wanted to work. Now I know!
-I will never take time with family and friends for granted...too bad it took being away from them to really learn that!

However, I'm so ready for the next ten weeks to come and GO! I'm ready for the next chapter. Although we have had some great experiences this last year, it also seems like things NEVER came easy. Had it not been for my personal connections here, it would have been even harder. It has been a financially and emotionally tough year for me. I can't speak for Cass (except the financial part). We have missed our family and friends back home. We missed 80 and 90 degree temperatures during the summer. I missed Thursday night Survivor night with my mom. I missed Birthday parties. There have been times that juggling work, motherhood, and being a wife seemed impossible. I'm battling my weight gain/loss...a never ending battle. Living in an apartment with a toddler who wants to run and play is tough. I want to live in a place that my front door is NOT on the second floor. I don't want to hear the guy downstairs choke and cough and gag because he has ruined his lungs by smoking. I don't want my bedroom wall to be joined with a strangers bedroom wall. I want a place that stands individually, with a front door and a drive way, not a parking lot.

I'm sure if and when we leave Coos, I'll miss it. And I don't want to sound ungrateful. Because I'm not. I have never appreciated the things in my life more than I have this last year.
I'm rambling. I have things I should be doing. Just thought I'de explain my last post a little better. I don't think I did a very good job. oh well.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

you're moving??!! Back to Corvallis???????!

The Cleary Family said...

I think you explained yourself perfectly. It is times like these that help us become better people - better wives, mothers, and women. You needed this experience to fully appreciate the next. It seems you have learned a lot about yourself in the past year. I am so glad I got to be a part of that! :) Miss you...

Anonymous said...

Traci,
You & Cass will look back at your time in Coos Bay as one of the best times in your life. The hardest times become the sweetest memories.

I love you and hang in there.

christinaandbrian said...

i think you should be my neighbor and we can have our own survivor nights!