Saturday, January 3, 2009

UGGGHHHH!

So Nathan had another Night Terror episode last night. Poor thing. He missed his second nap yesterday so I know it was because he was overly tired. He finally settled down with me in my bed at about 10:15. Cass put him back in his crib at 11:30 but that was not the last of him!! Cass left for work at midnight (gotta love the graveyard shift). At 3am Nathan woke up. Fine, I'll just go lay with him, he usually goes RIGHT back to sleep. NOPE! The one night that Cass is gone and I have to work 9 hours the next day, Nathan will NOT go to sleep. At 4am I put him back in his crib to let him cry and realize how serious I am about going to sleep:) A few minutes later I thought he was ready so I went in and laid with him again. 4:45am I grab a bottle and lay him in his crib..."Maybe this will do the trick." I go to my room and he lays in his crib with his bottle. 5am he's screaming "Mamma" so I go in and have a talk with him. I'm beyond frustrated at this point so figure I would try to reason with him. "Nathan, this is not okay to be awake in the middle of the night. Mamma is tired and has to work in two hours. GO TO SLEEP." He literally screamed at me. "Are you mad at mamma?" I ask him. He cuddles up and goes to sleep. AWESOME! It's now past 5am and I have to get up in an hour and a half.
Now I am at work. I'm tired. Cass worked all night and now he is home with Nathan. So he's tired. Let me just get through this day!!!!!!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

oh not fun!! Hope you get some good sleep tonight! !

The Cleary Family said...

Oh man. Hang in there and soon you will be able to go home and SLEEP!

LuLu said...

That sounds awful hun, I hope you made it through the day and so did Cass!