Friday, June 26, 2009

GET THIS...

So when we moved into our apartment, I noticed that our neighbors drive cars with Utah liscence plates. So the other day I saw him (neighbor guy, name is Austin) walking and I shouted out..."HEY, " and then asked where in Utah he was from, etc etc. I learned that he has a wife who is looking for a job and so I offer to maybe hook her up with the bank I used to work at. He says that would be great and they would stop by later that evening.

So a little later they came over. The minute she started talking I knew I liked her. She has a very noticable Utah accent and even more so, a Sanpete accent. Sanpete is the county that my mom grew up in. Really small towns all within five miles of each other. People there seem to have a distinct accent.
GET THIS:
Turns out her mom and my mom were best friends in Junior high and High school!!!
WHAT?! How crazy...what a small world! Best of all, I have a new friend! Her name is Angela.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is crazy...small world

How did Nathan enjoy his time with Anthony and Alysia?

Dani

Cedar Reids said...

Wow! That's crazy... and what's even more crazy to me is that you could tell they had a "sanpete" accent! I wish I knew what I sound like! :)

Lulu said...

Holy cow, what a small world!! That is great you met a new friend, how exciting :)
BTW, I always look forward to your comments, you always bring my inspiration and motivation. You were a huge reason we went to Shasta so Brian thanks you very much!!