Friday, June 19, 2009

I know I know

I have been a bad blogger lately. I try, really. But by the time I have a little free time, I plop myself on the couch with a snack and watch a show! Blogging sometimes takes a little effort:) I'll give you a few things that make me smile throughout my day!

-Nathan chases me around and constantly asks "MOM, What doin?" It's a fun way to have a conversation with him.
-He is learning his colors and letters! He knows blue, green and orange, sometimes red. He can sing a lot of the alphabet with his singing Elmo. I'll try to get it on camera for you.
-He suckers me into doing ANYTHING he wants because he'll pout and say "hold you" in the sweetest voice.
-Yesterday I woke up to him inches from my face saying "MOM, wake up!" So I opened my eyes to make him happy, turned on Tigger and Friends and closed my eyes again. Then I hear "BEAR, Where are you?" He was looking for a stuffed bear on the side of the bed. I know you are thinking that this is not blog worthy, but trust me if you heard his sweet little voice it would melt your heart.
Notice that he isn't calling me mommy anymore. We spent several days with my Jared, Tiff and the girls and they call Tiff "mom". So now that is what Nathan calls me...sometimes he'll even resort to calling me Traci. Hmmmm.....I don't like that so much:)

While I'm at it I'll update my body after baby challenge:
I have been working out ALOT! At least five times a week and on Tuesday I went twice. I'm still working on the diet portion but it is much better than it was three months ago. I'm a little frustrated because I still feel like the fat girl. We went shopping yesterday and I went home, put on my gym shoes and went to Group Kick. My weight depresses me. OH, this reminds me... MERCY I hope you are reading this and I'm sorry I haven't emailed you back...I'm terrible at stuff like that.
My friend Mercy from Coos Bay emailed me the other day. If it's okay with her, I would like to post the email on my blog someday. I met her while I worked at the gym down there. She joined and went EVERY MORNING at 5am. She is the mother to two young (or do you have three???) children and decided to make some healthy changes to her life. I invited her to take one of my step classes one morning and she's been takin step ever since. She wrote to me and told me about her progress and the changes she's made in her life. VERY INSPIRATIONAL!!!! She gave me a little credit for getting her into step but I can't take any credit. Email me sometime Mercy and let me know if I can post your email to share with others.

Summer time is a crazy time. I'm trying to plan a trip to Utah by myself:) Cass is working on the 4th of July so Nathan and I are going back to Redmond to celebrate. Nathan turns two in August and Cass and I celebrate 3 wonderful years of marriage in September! We have a lot to be thankful for and look forward to in the next few months:)

4 comments:

Heather said...

Love to read your updates and all about Nathan's cute comments. I know how those sweet voices can be pure happiness.
Good to talk to you today. Sorry it was so short, it seems like their is chaos going on. I look forward to your next post as always.

Heather said...

I meant to say it seems like their is always chaos going on in MY day. Or something like that. = )

The Cleary Family said...

I love the update! But try to not be so hard on yourself about the weight thing. You working out five times a week makes me depressed about not being as motivated. Give yourself a break, girl! You are doing awesome!!

Cedar Reids said...

So I guess I can join you with your body after baby progress/goals. I know how if feels to still be "fat".... even though you know your not! It's a personal thing, and I can totally relate. (Maybe because we're related lol)
I hope you plan a trip to Utah. I feel really bad about not being able to visit with you and your fam last summer. We were SOO busy, and I felt horrible for only coming up for Mat's wedding. Let me know for sure when! :)