Sunday, June 7, 2009

Transitions and Body after baby


The last several nights Nathan has HEAVILY resisted sleeping in his crib. So in a desperate effort to get him out of my bed, I went and purchased a big boy bed for him. It's a cute single bed that hopefully he'll love. It has to be ordered so we won't get it for another couple weeks. Let's hope this does the trick. However, it got me thinking about how much Nathan is growing up. Someone asked me yesterday if I had "my baby" with me. What baby? I have a little man now! The big boy bed is a big transition for me. I hope it goes smoothly.
Nathan has also entered the terrible two's. He throws himself on the ground in public. For example, the Salem Center....for EVERYONE to see. And the the thing is that when this happens, people don't just stare at the child on the floor, they stare at the parents and form their own judgments and opinions in their heads. I know this because I used to be one of those judgmental people. NOPE, my child would NEVER do THAT in public. Funny how some things are totally out of my control. Pretty embarassing but what am I supposed to do? My solution, pick him up like I'm holding a football. His head tossing around in the front and his feet frantically kicking behind me and walk as quickly as possible to the car before he is able to kick, wiggle and scream his way out of my arms.
Nathan vomitted five or six times the other night. All over my couch, floor, me, and the bathroom. Traumatic. I think what happened was I had just given him some tylenol. He was drinking a bottle of milk on the couch and started coughing. I think he coughed so hard that it made him throw up and it was a snowball affect. I called my mom to come help me. It was almost 9pm and I felt like there was no way I could clean up this massive amount of puke AND clean up Nathan and myself. By the time they got here, i had pretty much done what I thought was going to be impossible. I felt bad because they drove all the way up for nothing. So my mom pampered Nathan and Bob helped me take the couch cushion cover off and get it washed.
BODY AFTER BABY
I'm totally keeping up with my workouts. They are good, intense, and make me feel great! I refuse to weigh myself but I feel like I've lost weight for sure.
Eating habits?! I eat less. I still need to modify some of what goes into my body. It's hard because Cass works nights so trying to find things to make for one and a half people is hard. So it usually ends up being Mac and Cheese or pb&j. I'm working on making some changes.
That is it in a nutshell. Nathan needs me to get off the computer now!

2 comments:

The Cleary Family said...

Ok not speaking from experience, just stuff I read for Aunt Judy and most things say to IGNORE the tantrums! I know. Easier said than done. Leaving is good. At least you feel like you are less embarrassed by it.

Adrienne head butted Francene in Fred Meyer when she was in the terrible twos. Knocked her out right there in the frozen food section.

See? Hopefully that made you feel less alone and horrible and made you laugh and feel a little better. At least you haven't been knocked out by your kid. Yet...

Deetsgirl said...

Oh Traci, I am sorry but this blog kind of makes me laugh because Kyle and I have been noticing that Kyle is slowly starting to act like he is 2 (the tantrums). I was seriously at my wits end yesterday. So let's get together and see if our boys can behave for a playdate. I hope that you are feeling better.