Friday, March 4, 2011

A Sweet Victory in my Book!

So there is some confusion about whether our final weigh in is today or next week. I'm fine with either. I know I've done what I can to help out my team...although I would love another week to knock off a few more pounds.
When I signed up for the competition, my main goal was to WIN! Those of you who know me well will not be surprised by this!!!!! However after a couple weeks in, I am forever changed.
At this point I'm only down 5 or 6 lbs. But my body has changed so much and in the right direction!!! (For my butt, that means UP!!) I've pushed myself harder than I probably ever have doing the Crossfit workouts and have learned that eating healthy is actually fun and delicious! I plan on keeping up with all of this. I am not only more confident, stronger, and happier...but so much healthier!
So despite the win or loss...I am THRILLED with my outcome. If it took signing up and paying $50 to jump start my new found motivation and lifestyle; then it was well worth it!
Not to mention that I have signed up for my first half marathon!! I will be training hard for that over the next month!!!!

No comments: