Thursday, April 17, 2008

I am no good at good byes!


So today I had lunch with a few friends. I didn't want to admit that the reason I had lunch with them was because I probably won't see them for a while. I am NO GOOD at saying good bye. See, I'm moving on Saturday down to North Bend. I'm not good at change in general and now I have to make a huge change with not friends or family (besides my husband) around. So I'm sad. I cried a lot yesterday. I'm totally emotional about this and I shouldn't be. Cass graduates in 11 months and we could be moving right back. So I need to get over it. But I'm finding more and more that I'm a very sentimental person. I didn't realize it before. Nathan has hit a lot of milestones the past three months that we have been living here at my moms. We have made a routine out of our daily lives and really enjoy it. That is all about to change. My mom and Bob were out of town last night and it was so quiet around here. I found myself looking at the clock around dinner time because I am used to hearing them come home. It was sad when I remembered that it was just me and Nathan all night long. I have absolutely loved the time that I have had with my mom and Bob and the bond that they have with Nathan. I think what makes me the most emotional about this is that Nathan won't see grandma and grandpa everyday...or at least a couple times a week! (I'm tearing...)I know we will be just fine and we will adjust like normal people do. In fact, Cass told me today that he might possibly have a hookup for me to get a job in a coffee shop. I only want to work a few hours a week and he met a nurse lady who has a family member who manages. SOOOOO let's hope it works out. Maybe that will at least help me get some sort of network going. OK, enough of my "poor me, I have to move away from home." I'm grown, I should be able to do this! The picture above is of me and Nathan at the place we had lunch today. Nathan is sick...some sort of cold virus I think. We didn't have a good night sleep last night so keep your fingers crossed for me tonight. Thanks.

1 comment:

cassbeav said...

hey, nut up and get down here!