Thursday, May 29, 2008

Same crap, just another day...ok, not really!

So we had a great Memorial Day weekend up in Albany. We spent a lot of time with our families which was so nice. Nathan got to spend tons of time with his cousins, Kelsie and Maggie. We spent Friday evening visiting with Cass's parents and then spent Saturday with my mom, Bob, Tiff and the girls and Tommy up at Enchanted Forest. I have pictures I'm just too lazy to upload right now. The kids had a lot of fun and I highly recommend it. Sunday we did a little birthday bbq with my dad and Kathy. Kelsie, my dad and I all have Birthdays within about a week of each other so there was TONS of cake over the weekend. The long weekend went by way to quick though. We headed back early Monday so that we could unwind and head over to my friend Heather's house for a little bbq with her family and another cute little family that we met at swimming. We had a great time and lots of yummy food!!
So I'm working at Charleytown Coffee a few days a week and I find that I really enjoy it. I love coffee so I think I'm in heaven. Judy the owner is great! She is so understanding to our situation and lets me bring Nathan to work with me. I got a babygate and i just block him off from half of the shop (it's a drive through). He is actually a lot better behaved than I thought he would be so it's working out quite nicely. I'm also a "personal assistant" to Stephanies mom. I think it works out great for both of us. I do things that save her time and I get out and about and get to have Nathan with me too! I think I scored big time on landing jobs that allow me to stay with Nathan but help support my family. Cass has nine and a half more months of school left!!!
Nathan update....the walking thing has just gotten better and better. He cruises around our place pretty easily. He has fallen and gotten banged up a little but he's tough. HOWEVER, he has been sick and/or teething terribly the last few days. There has been a lot of crying, fussiness and NO sleep for three days now. Last night was a tough one for me. He woke up this morning bright eyed and bushy tailed though and was like that for most of the day. He even took his normal naps (two naps lasting anywhere from one to two hours). So that was great. I napped when he did so I feel so much better. He went to sleep tonight as if the last few nights never happened. I don't expect him to be perfect but I have a feeling tonight is going to go much better.
I'll be working at the coffee shop both Saturday and Sunday, eight hours each day. It won't be like this every weekend but Judy is headed out of town. I'm sad that I won't get to spend the whole day with Cass and Nathan but I'm happy that they will come out and spend some time with me. I'm ready and willing to do what I have to do to help my family through these "poor college kids" days. It will have big pay offs when Cass is done.
I can't think of anything else I just HAVE to say right now. So now you are updated on life in the Bay with the Beavers!!

Oh, and YEAH for Christina bringing Brody into this world last weekend!!

The End.

1 comment:

The Cleary Family said...

Yum... I bet you make really good coffee drinks! :) Can't wait to try some when I come visit again! Glad to hear you guys are doing well!