Friday, July 4, 2008

Our 4th of July

So being here in Coos Bay/North Bend, with no friends or family...we had a really low key day/night. Cass decided to work today since he is required to work one holiday during his clinicals. Nathan and I headed out to the beach after nap time. Take a look at how cute he is and what a nice day it was at the beach. Nathan loves the sand. He will walk for almost an hour and just pick up stuff. He will usually find a rock or stick and that will stay in one had for the rest of our beach stay. The other had is free to pick up and throw whatever else he sees in the sand. It really is pretty fun to watch him.


This is so you can see our pretty day!
I found a starfish. I have never found one before...do people find them often or was I just lucky? I didn't think it was appropriate to bring it home so I left it at the there (after I took a picture to prove it). Really, what would I do with it once we got it home? Pretty cool though, huh?!
Nathan, however, found a dried piece of dog poop! Yep, I looked away for two seconds and next thing I know, he is gripping a piece of poo. Most things Nathan picks up end up in his mouth. I caught this before it got to that poing. Here is proof of the poo. Do you see it? It's the big clump of dark brown sand in the middle of the picture....gross huh...
Nathan ended up getting really wet and sandy at the beach so when I got him home I stripped him out of all his clothes. He was running around in the buff while I grabbed a diaper, change of clothes and his Aquaphor ointment that I have to put on his right buttcheek because he has exzema. I find him standing in the middle of the kitchen, holding my flipflops and PEEING!! I stepped toward him and he stepped toward me. He stepped right in his puddle of pee, slipped and landed flat on his back in his mess. I felt so bad. He wasn't hurt, just dripping in urine. So I had to throw him in the bath. Needless to say, we had an eventful day.
Cass and I rented "Definitely, Maybe" and just finished watching it. I really liked it. I would recommend it for a fun flick. I'm thinking about spending the rest of this AWESOME Fourth of July reading my book that I checked out from the library.
Hope you all had a great holiday today!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I knew I should of called you! I miss you guys! Let's get together this week before I head off to Utah. . .
Did you go see the fireworks on the Bay? They were awesome! SO cool.

The Cleary Family said...

Poo and pee in one day?! Man, Nathan really knows how to make things exciting!

Deetsgirl said...

Hey, I have some great stuff for skin problems. Email me and I will give you the information. It makes sucha difference.