Thursday, July 17, 2008

The sad reality is...

...I have to go back to work at least part time. I've been working but mostly just weekends and not even every weekend. It is time for me to put the financial needs of my family before my own emotional needs of being with Nathan every second of every day. I've been applying for a couple jobs in a banks, one at Vet Hospital as a receptionist, and just keeping my eyes open. I really only want to work four MAYBE five hours a day and preferably Monday-Fri. You know what this means. The hunt for the PERFECT care for Nathan has begun as has the knot in my stomach. The thing is, Nathan loves to play. So if I can find the perfect place for him that has all kinds of toys and open space to run and play, he will love it. And he can only benefit from socializing with other toddlers, right? He will eventually have to so why not now? Besides, he is almost 1 year old. This has been a hard, emotional decision to make, but we don't have many choices at this point. Cass only has eight more months of school left and then we will go from there. For now, this is what I have to do. It's not the end of the world. Lots of kids go to day care and lots of moms work more than part time. Everyone survives and we will too. That's what I have to keep telling myself.

4 comments:

Deetsgirl said...

What about you taking in a couple of kids for daycare?

The Cleary Family said...

Girl, you will make it. I now know how you feel and will be looking for a part-time job once we get settled in Savannah. Think of it this way: maybe after Cass finishes with his program and you guys move, you will be in a better position and will be able to stay home. Or you just might realize you enjoy the independence and want to work part-time. But it is scary to make that kind of change. Good luck.

Samantha said...

Traci- I bet that's such a hard thing to decide. Don't worry about Nathan- he will be fine! He will meet lots of new kids and love to play with them! If I lived closer I would watch him! :) Good luck on finding the best place!

Mama Yenchik said...

You can do it, Traci! I had to go back to work 12 weeks after Jacob was born, and I thought that I would absolutely die. I cried the entire week before I had to go back, but soon realized that we would all go on living. Once we were in a financial position that we could afford for me to stay with the kiddos, then I stayed home! Until then, it does get easier, I PROMISE!!