Wednesday, July 2, 2008

BABIES!!

Congratulations to all those out there who have just had babies, are pregnant, or adopting. Good luck to all of you! Having children will change your life:)
Speaking of having children...mine is crazy!! He is into everything. His new favorite toy is a toilet bowl cleaning brush. Luckily the one he plays with is brand new and has never been used. He carries it everywhere and it even took a bath with him tonight. And can you believe he turns ONE in less than two months?? I can't! I have been thinking about planning his Birthday party and really need actually set the day and make it happen. I think we will celebrate up in Albany since that is where most of his family and friends are. Since we do have A friend down here, we might have to have a small cake and ice cream celebration here too...nothing big.
Cass has 3 months down and 9 left to go before he graduates. He is doing awesome! Time is going really quick so he'll be done before we know it. As for me...I think I'm going to get my Masters...that's right, get my teaching liscence. I'm pretty excited. I'm hoping to get it done part time and mostly online.
I got a library card today. I hope I get to use it. I took Nathan with me today and it was not easy looking for a book with him running around. I don't even know how many books he pulled off the shelf and I just stuck them back, in all the wrong places. The library is a nice place though and the ladies were very nice and helpful.
Tonight I took a Turbo Kick class at the gym. It was the second time this week. I'm serious about losing this last twelve pounds and I ate really well today too. Let's hope I can keep it up. I am motivated to lose most of the weight before the end of the month. Wish me luck. If anyone has any SIMPLE & INEXPENSIVE recipe ideas...please pass them along...I would love that.

5 comments:

The Cleary Family said...

Sounds like you are staying busy and doing well! Rich (my stepdad) designed that library! Also, congrats on your decision to go back to school - just stay away from the Univ. of Phoenix and other only online universities. That is what I did for my MA in Ed and I regret it. Let me know if you have any ?s!!

christinaandbrian said...

tonight i made this yummy simple salad..
chopped cucumber
sliced radishes
chopped red onion (about 1/4 of a whole onion)
a bit of garlic
a bit of mint (we have a mint plant..mint can be $$ at the store)
a splash of olive oil
a splash of red wine vinegar
(splash meaning about 1 tablespoon)
about a 1/2 of feta cheese.

it's from my south beach cookbook.
it was fresh and yummy to me at least.

we have a produce stand close to our house that is very reasonable. i'm not sure how much it would be from your normal grocery store.

happy fourth!

christinaandbrian said...

1/2 CUP of feta cheese..

oops

christinaandbrian said...

1/2 CUP of feta cheese..

oops

Lulu said...

It was so good to see you guys! Nathan is adorable and you are wonderful parents :)