Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

A year ago...


TODAY!!!

This week has been jam packed full of Halloween celebrations. On Wed we headed over to the LDS church for a Trunk or Treat. That was Nathan's first taste of what trick-or-treating was all about. Last night we attempted a community event at the NB Community center. It was geared a little bit more toward older kids so we didn't stay long...just long enough for Nathan to chow a disgusting barely warm hotdog and catch a tootsie roll with a fishing pole. Tonight we took him trick or treating downtown Coos Bay. This was probably the cutest, funnest thing we've done since we've lived here. I thought it was great. All the downtown businesses handed out candy to all the little kids. They were all super nice and "oohed and awed" over all the little costumes. We really enjoyed it. We ended up back at the gym I work at so Nathan could exert some more energy in the Group fitness room...it's got balls of all sizes, mirrors, and lots of room to run. He loves it!
Halloween has never been my favorite and I personally hate dressing up. Now that I have Nathan I feel like I'm becoming a kid again myself. I found myself wanting to hit ALL the businesses to get tons of candy and find the ones with the best candy...CHOCOLATE! Dorky, I know! It was the most fun watching Nathan learn to take his candy and know to put it into his pumpkin bucket...he learned quickly! He would try and take more than his share at each place too. He practically ripped it from peoples hands...I guess we'll be working on our manners:)
We had a blast and I'm looking forward to seeing everyones pictures from today. Happy Halloween!!!



3 comments:

Heather said...

Ohhh, I'm so bummed we missed it! Sounds like it was a good time. We stayed home and watched movies. Not too exciting at all, but at least Jackson is feeling better now!

Cedar Reids said...

How fun! What a cutie in his costume too!

christinaandbrian said...

what a difference a year makes!