Monday, October 27, 2008

Toot Toot

So my blog is a place that I like to "look back" and see what was going on...a nice little reminder. So this blog I'm going to TOOT our horns a little bit. There are a few things that I'm super excited about and wanted to share.

Nathan- poor thing got real sick last week...ear infection, etc. So the whole sleep thing went right out the window. He wasn't sleeping well and so I would sleep right with him ALL night long. I also wouldn't make him cry to sleep. I snuggled him until he was completely out. Well, now to the good stuff!! He's feeling so much better. So two nights ago I decided to put him in bed by himself. I was prepared for the worst. I sang my twinkle twinkle song, laid him down and left. He was a sleep before I got down the hallway:) Same thing the next night AND last night!!! He does it all by himself. I feel like we got a mission accomplished! I'm so proud of my little man for this feat as well as everything else he does and says and is!!

Me- Living in Coos Bay you soon become aware of the history of Steve Prefontaine and the impact he had on this community. His story as well as my own personal fitness goals have gotten me interested in running. We completed the Prefontaine 10K in September and I decided to keep up my jogging. I've mostly been running on the treadmill, but I'm ok with that for now. I put on my ipod and run to some great music. I've been tracking my workouts with my Nike+, If you don't know what it is, you should look into it...it's great. From the first jog that I did I became motivated to beat my time and pace and eventually distance. Yesterday I DID IT!! I beat my three mile time by 1 min 6 sec. Not to mention that I didn't stop at my usual 3 mile distance. I did 4 miles! And I totally impressed myself with my time...4 miles in 34 minutes and 28 seconds. Some of you out there might think that is nothing. But for me, it's impressive! Thanks for letting me toot! (hehe that sounds gross:)

Cass- is kicking ass at school! He only has like 5 more positions to complete and less than 5 months left to go! He had two mock interviews that were critiqued and scored and he got GREAT feedback. I think he's ready for the real deal! This month has been his worst as far as his own health goes. He got real sick at the beginning of the month, then got a small tear in his meniscus (sp?) in his knee and has been battling cold symptoms and ear aches for the last week and a half. Even with all of this, he goes to work every day!! We finally see light at the end of the tunnel and are so excited about the next chapter in our life!! Way to go Cass, Nathan and I are so proud of you!

6 comments:

Heather said...

That's an awesome post! I love to read about good news. I'm so glad your cute little family is here and I get to be a small part of all your excitement. We love you guys!
~ h.

Cedar Reids said...

I love all the tooting! :) he he

You guys sound great. I'm really happy for your little family.

Lulu said...

That is great that Nathan is going to bed on his own, I can imagine how wonderful that is!
And yay for you!! That is a great time to run 4 miles in, keep up the good work :)
I'm excited for you guys, that light at the end of the tunnel helps motivation :)

Samantha said...

that run is VERY impressive, way to go!!

The Cleary Family said...

Toot toot for the Beavers!

Samantha said...

aww thank you so much for your comment. :)