Friday, April 10, 2009

Follow up

I was in the shower just now and was reflecting on my last post. It was not intended to insult anyone or discredit anyone's views or opinions. They are simply my own opinions on things I've read on several blogs lately. I also realize that I don't have a blog dedicated so issues only surrounding motherhood, parenting, etc. So, therefore, my previous post was all a response. So I asked myself, if I were to post issues that are important to me, "what would they be??" So I made a small list (in no particular oder):

1. Early bedtimes for my children. They need lots of sleep to grow and develop and I need several hours of time at night to be FREE!

2. Quality family time. This could be anything from dinner together, family vacations, and just being together doing the same thing at the same time!

3. Individual time with my children...meaning, time for just Nathan and Cass and time for just me and Nathan. It's important to me that Cass and Nathan have a unique, special relationship that is different than mine. I know this is important for Nathan too. For example, yesterday Cass was singing an old N'sync song and dancing in the living room. Nathan was loving it and dancing right along with him. I thought it looked fun and silly so I walked over and started getting my groove on. Nathan stopped, looked at me, shook his head side to side and said "no no no." That was not a time or me to join in!

4. Traditions. Lots of traditions.

5. I want home to be a place where we all (myself and Cass included) feel safe, loved and not judged. UNCONDITIONALLY!

I don't have any research to back it up, but my hope is that these things will far outway the influence of other external factors. With a healthy family relationship and a strong bond, hopefully we can help each other and count on each other to get through the ugliness that surrounds us in this world.

3 comments:

christinaandbrian said...

i like all of those too!

Deetsgirl said...

I love these, we are working on the early bedtime. Is 10 okay? We are having SERIOUS sleeping issues right now. Kyle's solution: move Bronson's crib into our bedroom. He is convinced that he is scared of his bedroom.

The Beavers said...

Amber...I was convinced and sortof of still am that Nathan is afraid of the dark. He's been doing much better but sleep has always been a struggle. I just try and remember that he grows up so fast and this part won't last forever. So as long as everyone is getting some sleep, I'm not too concerned with WHERE he sleeps:)