Wednesday, April 22, 2009

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

This morning at 515am, Nathan woke up and asked for milk. So as we were headed downstairs, I slipped on the first step and fell down the stairs!!! Well, I missed a step or something and slid down the stairs. However, my left foot came last. I heard a loud pop in my ankle and then ALOT of pain.
I yelled for help and at 5:15am the whole family was up and wide awake! Nathan was not hurt at all. I was holding him in front of me and I slid on my back. It did scare him quite a bit and he was pretty shaken up.
So we took a trip to the ER. I just knew I had broken something. I was nauseaus, dry heaving and could hardly stand up or I felt like I was going to pass out. LUCKY FOR ME, nothing was broken but I did tear ligaments. I'm not sure which is worse as far as the pain....because I'm in a lot of pain. I did get some vicatin:) I should be able to put some pressure on it in the next day or two but today I'm basically laid up.
My mom is helping me with Nathan and then a friend of hers from church is coming to play with Nathan this afternoon! Thanks Mom and Tira!!!!
I can't believe this happened. SERIOUSLY!

6 comments:

Cedar Reids said...

Man! I'm SO Sorry that happened. That really stinks..:( I hope you get better soon, and can get up and start moving around soon!

The Cleary Family said...

That REALLY sucks. Really. But ice cream can make everything better, right? have your mom get you a gallon of Tillamook Brown Cow. (Or Udderly Chocolate I think it is called now??) It ALWAYS makes me feel better no matter how sucky the situation. Get better soon, girl. I am coming to OR May 5th - June 4th...

Mama Yenchik said...

Tracy, that totally sucks!! I hope that you have a fast recovery, and I agree with Steph...Tillamook Udderly Chocolate can heal pretty much EVERYTHING!! ;-)

Lulu said...

Oh Traci that sucks!! I'm glad you have your mom and her friend to help you at least. Gosh that sucks, hope it heals quickly.

christinaandbrian said...

oh traci..so so sorry.

Deetsgirl said...

Trac-

I hate stairs. I love two story houses, but I hate stairs. People like me don't agree with them. I am SO sorry to hear about your ankle, but so happy to hear that you have help. Let me know if you need something because we don't live too far away now. How is the house search coming along?