Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Back in business and Body After Baby!

I don't know how people go with out tv, internet, technology. I literally got chills when the Comcast guy hooked up my cable and internet today! WOOHOO:)

So I need to update you on my Body After Baby Challenge progress...

Last week was hard. We moved. We did it sort of slowly so we were doing a little bit each night. Therefore, I did not make it to the gym like I had planned. I can't say that I ate great either...so that was a bust. However, we get a sweet deal on an incredible gym down the road and we signed up yesterday and I've gone two days in a row. It feels great. Cass will be working swing shifts so we have made it a point to take turns at the gym every morning. I think it will work out so good. I think I prefer to work out in the morning...I used to be just the opposite.
I am also trying to eat more fiber in my diet. I've been told that's a good thing. I bought lots of fruit, yogurt, string cheese, whole wheat bread, skim milk, celery with peanut butter (yum), and drinking lots more water! Those are just a few things in my place right now! So I'm really trying.
My ten year class reunion is in July and I am bound and determined to be at my goal weight and look good. No if's, and's or but's about it.
I haven't dared take a "before" picture. But I think I might. If I look at at it, it will be a good reminder of WHY I chose to participate in this challenge!

In other news:
Things are good in our new place and I love living in Salem. I'm taking Nathan to the Carousel in downtown on Thursday with Amber and Bronson and I'm so excited. I can't believe I've never been.
I got to spend last Saturday with my old college roommate and her family on her Birthday. We only live about fifteen minutes apart and so I will hopefully see a lot more of her:)
I have baby fever. I'm trying not to think about it. I'm not quite ready.
Remember that list of things I posted a few months ago about things I wante?? Well on that list was a dining room table. Yesterday we went over to Ashley Furniture and ordered a new one!! I am so excited so when I comes I'll post pictures.
We are on the hunt for a big boy bed for Nathan. We want a good price and good quality.
I'm watching American Idol and I will be voting for KRIS. I can't really stand Adam's singing. He seems like a really nice guy but I much prefer Kris.

I'll leave you with that:)

3 comments:

Deetsgirl said...

This cracks me up. I am too trying to get ready for our class reunion. I don't want everyone to say, look how much weight Amber has gained...That would suck. Can't wait until tomorrow.

Lulu said...

So glad you got the internet back! And that's great you are loving Salem, I'm glad you guys are close by now, we'll definitely have to do a bbq/playdate.

Cedar Reids said...

Sounds like your doing good! I'm excited for your new life in Salem. Word of advice for the new table... When I got mine last year, I was so protective and almost went psycho on Tayson when he made a scratch on it with his toy car. I was so mad and it only got worse with the second, and much longer scratch. It's inevitable.... it's going to get some scratches, but it's ok, not a big deal, and it gives it character! (Remember that with the first few ones! ) :)