Thursday, February 10, 2011

PRESSURE!

I'm feeling the pressure now that the weight loss competition is over is three weeks. I have committed to my team to lose 5 lbs. Seeing how I only managed 2 lbs the first four weeks...I have my work cut out for me.
I am going to force myself to workout six days a week. I have also quit drinking my diet/caffeine free Pepsi.
I've always been confused about diet pop. You always hear people talk about cutting out pop to lose weight but I never seemed to know if that was regular sodas or diet sodas too. WELL, I was watching one of those doctor shows on t.v. Can't remember if it was Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, or The Doctors...but I think they created a segment just for me!
Apparently diet soda tricks your body into thinking it is getting sugar, when in fact, it is getting aspartame...anyway, when your body thinks it is getting sugar, it starts producing insulin, and whatever else it does to break down the sugars. This is a bad thing:( So cutting out pop, diet pop, will help you to lose weight. Not to mention, I'll be cutting out the extra sodium that is in my diet Pepsi. Yesterday was my first day and it was SOOOOOO HARD! Cass of course had a nice pepsi on ice with his dinner and I did have a sip. But going from having two or three a day to having a sip off of Cass' was success in my eyes!
This was also my dinner last night:
Greek Yogurt
Banana with a little Peanut Butter
one hard boiled egg.
This was after an intense 1.5hr workout.
I decided to go try and run 3 miles before my Iron Fit class. Not the best day to do that!! Iron Fit was probably one of the toughest yet!
Todays workout agenda....go run at least 4 miles or more.

3 comments:

Cedar Reids said...

Ok girl...do you not watch Biggest Looser??? You have to make sure you are eating enough, or else your body is going to hang on to any fat/energy that it thinks it needs because it doesn't want to starve! I don't know all that much about dieting, but look into how many calories your body needs to burn the extra fat...while keeping yourself from going into starvation mode! Love you tons! Lot of hugs and support from me :)
(I hope this doesn't sound negative...totally not trying to do that. Just want to support you!)

The Beavers said...

Rach...that was actually my problem the first couple weeks...I wasn't counting calories and probably wasn't eating enough. So now I count my calories to make sure I am eating enough to replenish AND because I'm still nursing. And no, it didn't sound negative at all :)

Samantha said...

You can do it!!!! Just keep your diet on as close to 100% as possible and keep the workouts hard! If you saw on my blog, I am starting to count calories this week so I make sure I eat enough (and not too much!) and to figure out how much I need.

After a 1.5 intense workout I would be starving! Your dinner looks like it’s under 300 cals.. are you counting calories too? I know you know what you’re doing.. just trying to help :) I know bananas are filing though, ugh I hate bananas, good job getting yours in!