Saturday, February 7, 2009

More stuff.

Only six more weeks until Cass's graduation. No news on jobs yet:(

I'm ready for an overnight getaway with my husband...with NO child. Nathan is almost 18 months and we have NEVER been away from him overnight.

I've been opening up at work on Friday mornings. My alarm goes off at 4am and I'm at work by 445am. So far it really hasn't been too bad. So I think I'm finally going to try and work out at 530am a couple days a week....however....

...we have gotten Nathan into a bad sleeping habit. He wakes up once a night and when he does, I sleep with him in the single bed in his room. Whether it's Cass or I that sleep with him, we don't sleep well and Cass doesn't really sleep at all. Does anyone have ANY ideas how we can break this habit? I'm thinking let him cry it out when he wakes up. But have you ever heard him say "mamma" or "night night" or "out, out!" He can do it for hours so I'm not sure that ignoring him will work. Plus my heart strings get pulled right into his room and into his bed! This takes me back to my early morning work out plan because I hate to make Cass sleep with Nathan because he literally can't sleep when he is with him. So that means Cass would wake up at 5am and then have to go work all day. I need a solution.

I have next weekend off work. This would be Valentines day AND Cass's 28th Birthday weekend. So I have a babysitter lined up and I'm taking Cass to a movie...of my choice of course. "He's just not that into you!"
I'm not totally selfish though, I'm getting him a nice Birthday present. I hope he likes it!

2 comments:

christinaandbrian said...

you should drop nathan off at mary anns and come up to portland and stay at "the nines" hotel. for the first 99 days of 2009 they are offering certain rooms for $99. it's a super nice hotel downtown. the new one that is built on the top floors of macys. just an idea.

Cedar Reids said...

Have FUN!! It's so important to get away once in a while. Happy Valentines Day in advance! :)