Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day Care...

...is not going so well. On our way to day care in the morning, Nathan looks very concerned. He drops his bottom lip when we park and is crying by the time we are through the doors. He does NOT want me to leave and honestly, I don't want to leave him either...but such is life right now. When I pick him up, he runs to me, cries and wants to leave. He struggles for the three hours that he's there. Fusses but has times that he plays just fine. What is going on? Is it separation anxiety that every child goes through? I know that he is taken care of...it's a great daycare!! Does he just need time to adjust? That's what one of the teachers keeps telling me. But EVERYDAY he cries...then I cry...ALOT! I don't cry there in front of him...but when I leave the flood gates open.
I pray that this is an adjustment thing. I need reassurance. Otherwise, I just don't think I can keep doing this:( SAD.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

oh I'm so sorry! That is so sad and hard. Can you look for a new day care? Or a babysitter option? I hope something works out for you guys, I can't even imagine!! :(

Wish we were closer so I could help out :)

Heather said...

I hate that he is so sad there. I wish I wasn't 9 months prego . . . I'd take him in a heart beat!

However, I think it will get better. He is still so little even though he acts much older than his age. I would give it more time.

christinaandbrian said...

you can do it and so can nathan! i know it must be hard and i am thinking at some point brody will have a hard time too. i personally think this is good for nathan. it's only a few hours and it is good for him to interact with other kids and learn it is ok to be away from mom. although i don't have a child in school yet hopefully it will make that transistion even easier. ALSO.. i think you need that time away too for some adult time. chin up, it bet it will get better.

The Beavers said...

...and today was a better day. I stayed really happy and positive when I dropped him off. Although he cried, they said he had a much better day...even napped for an hour. My spirits are brighter and I argree that it will be good for both of us!

The Cleary Family said...

Hnag in there! It HAS to get easier!! Soon he will be waving to you bye- bye and pushing you out the door so he can play! :)

Anonymous said...

Cassiidy was the same way when he was a little guy and look how he turned out. I know it is hard, but I think you are doinbg the right thing.