Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Moment.

I'm having an emotional moment.

We got home this afternoon from a nice four days of Christmas celebrations with both of our families. I was actually somewhat ready to come back here to Coos to get back into our own place and a normal routine for Nathan. However, we had more fun than we even could have expected. Tommy flew down from Spokane, Tiff's family was there from Redmond and Bob's daughter Lisa and her family came from Seattle. It was also our first Christmas with my dad's new wife and her kids. We also spent time with Cass's family, all his brothers and sisters, and also his grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, and cousins. It was crazy busy but SO much fun.

So why am I so emotional? Well, I had the most fun this year preparing for all the events of the last few days. Shopping, baking, watching Christmas movies, especially Elmo's Christmas Countdown with Nathan that it's hard to leave it all behind and move on with our "normal" daily lives. I look back at the last several weeks and realize that I have a ton of great, fun memories. I guess I'm sad that they are just memories now...does that make sense? Not to mention that I have a hard time being away from family. After a great few days and then to be down here without any of them is kind of hard. But I also am taking this time to really be greatful that I have them at all. They are ALL so generous, giving, understanding, and I can go on and on. I guess I'm sad that the Christmas season is over but on the flip side I am SO thankful for such an amazing one! I wish it could last forever.

(p.s. I'll post pics asap...just wanted to get this moment down while I was still in it:))

1 comment:

christinaandbrian said...

i am glad you had a great time with the fam! although it seems a long way away you have something to look forward too..next chritmas. and nathan will only understand it even more!!!