Saturday, December 20, 2008

Five days of Christmas!

It's almost Christmas! I'm ready...bring it on! Have you ever seen the movie "A Smoky Mountain Christmas?" It has Dolly Parton and she finds orphans in a house out in the woods. It is pretty old; I remember seeing it as a kid. Anyway, I watched it last night as I finished wrapping presents and sipping hot cocoa by my Christmas tree. It was a lovely evening!

Other things on my mind...yoga. I've never tried it. Kinda interested but there is a guy here that makes me HATE IT! Every time he talks about it he tries to give me a lesson in the ancient art and history of it...makes me feel yoga dumb and really makes it seem like a terrible idea. However, my new friend Debra is a yoga instructor at my gym and she is so down to earth and so I might start in one of her classes. Do I have to buy my own yoga mat?

We got snow here in Coos Bay...well a light dusting of it anyway. They shut down school!! It was pretty silly if you ask me. It has warmed up slightly so no more icy roads. Just rain. That's good because I need to leave town in a few days and the last thing I want to worry about are dangerous road conditions.

Traditions! Now that Cass and I have our own little family, we want to start our own little Christmas traditions. Any ideas? What are some of yours?

3 comments:

Heather said...

Thoughts on Yoga: I LOVE it. It makes you feel good inside and out. You have to be patient and give it a couple tries, but I think you'll like it. If your gym doesn't provide a mat you can borrow mine.

Anonymous said...

I hate Yoga too, i can't still still. I wish I liked it because i Know it would be good for me! Most gyms have mats you can use, but some people like to have their own.

Deetsgirl said...

Holiday traditions; going for a drive with hot cocoa to look at Christmas lights. Also, the best thing that we ever started was a Christmas journal that someday Bronson can have for his family