Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Changed it up...just a tad!

I love a schedule, routine, a plan. I'm not a "fly by the seat of your pants" kind of girls. So having a plan and work out schedule is really important for me to keep it up. I think I've found my rythm.
I have to start my work out weeks on Sundays (I was doing Mon-Fri). Fridays were my own workout, do my own cardio. However, after two days Iron Fit Classes and two days of Spin/Core, I was a slug on Friday. Now my workout schedule is this:

Sunday: My own cardio
Monday: Iron Fit
Tuesday: Spin/Core
Wednesday: Iron Fit
Thursday: Spin/Core

It works great. I was able to go in on Sunday evening and have a nice 3 mile run. Yesterday I missed spin in the morning so I went in and did my own thing again. I busted out a great 4.07 miles on the treadmill. It felt great. I haven't run that far in over a year and a half. I also ran the last 1.25 miles at a steady pace of 6.5...with the help of some Sugarland :)  Music really helps me. I try and run to the beat of the music.
My diet is different too. I talked to one of the trainers at the gym and she told me I probably needed to consume more calories. With intense workouts and breastfeeding, my body would want to go into starvation mode if I wasn't getting enough calories and therefore hang on to all my fat. So I am putting aside the Weight Watchers for now and seeing if counting calories helps the pounds shed faster. Seems logical. 

In other news, 2011 has a lot going on...here are some highlights! (in order!)
-Cass turns 30!
-Nathan is signing up for Lil Kickers!
-Kendall turns 1!
-WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!
-I turn 30!
-Nathan turns 4!
-Nathan starts his first year of Preschool

3 comments:

Cedar Reids said...

Wow sounds great! You are amazing! Can't wait to see you :) Soon? I hope!

Samantha said...

how many calories are you aiming for?

The Beavers said...

Samantha...roughly 1800. However a couple different calorie counting websites have me eatin a little more...so really between 1800 and 2000 depending on how hard I work out that day.