Monday, January 3, 2011

DAY ONE...

I woke up today rarin' to go. I've been eating like crazy lately and as much as I thought I would enjoy all the yummy crap...I found myself feeling gross and not enjoying it at all. All that to say, I am SO ready for this weight loss challenge!
So the challenge is a team thing at my gym. My team consist of myself, Candy, Heidi, Lisette, and Rebecca. Each person pays to participate and the winning team splits the loot at the end. My team is really competitive so I think we will give everyone a run for their money...literally:)
Today we weighed in. I've been pretty consistent about weighing myself so today was no surprise. And although my weight was not a shock, I'm not happy about it. I have never even told my husband how much I weigh. The number just does not come out of my mouth. But if I'm going to blog about this adventure to keep myself accountable, motivated and hopefully inspire anyone that happens to read this...then I need to get real about EVERYTHING.
I am 5 ft 7ish...almost 5ft 8! I WEIGH 166.2 lbs. According to the mirror and the Body Mass Index chart...I am officially considered overweight. A healthy BMI is up to 25 and mine is 26.1.
My goal weight is 150 give or take two pounds. That is really close to my wedding date weight. I think it's realistic. It will be hard work getting there and staying there. But I have the rest of my life to work on it, right?!
My eating plan:
a Weight Watchers type diet. I can't say I'm on WW because I don't pay to go weigh in and I don't have all the resources. I do, however, have an idea of how many points I should consume each day and a calculator to figure out how many points each food is. I am breastfeeding (Thank God) and get lots of extra points for that!!! So I don't feel like I'm starving at all. During volleyball season, I did the ww diet and dropped a quick 11 pounds and that was without working out. So I hope that by combining the two, I will drop weight even quicker.
My workout plan!!!! (I love to workout and sweat so I'm excited to get addicted to it again!)
I am taking a class at my gym called Iron Fit. It's a Crossfit style class. Google Crossfit and take a look...its pretty intense. I will do this Mon and Wed evenings.
Tonight was our first class and I'm pretty sure my face is still beet red. I'm already really sore too. We did a variety of stuff tonight but our workout of the day was:
3 rounds of:
400 Meter run
21 Kettle bell swings
12 pullups (jumping pull ups for those of us that can't do a real pull up)
It took me just over 13 minutes to do this...and it was NOT easy.
On Tues and Thurs I am going to do about an hour of cardio. I am going to do a spinning class but I also like to run on the treadmill so I'll do whatever floats my boat those days.
My goal is no less than 4 workouts a week but would like to shoot for at least five days.

I am happy with my day number 1. I think it was a success. I even saved two points for a skinny cow ice cream sandwich...so that's where I'm headed now...and to watch the Bachelor but shhhhh don't tell my husband.

1 comment:

The Cleary Family said...

Yay! Good for you Trac! I am excited to follow your progress!

I need to get back into blogging. *sigh*

I am so lazy about it. I go running but I don't blog. Weird.