Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Over One Week In

So It is now Day 10! So far so good, I think. I have been weighing myself almost everyday or every other day. I have to stop doing that. My weight changes depending on the time of day I weigh in it seems like. The other day I was up 2lbs (don't tell my teammates!). I weighed in the very next day and those 2lbs were gone. I am just not going to weigh myself. It stresses me out and we all know stress is not good for weight loss. So I'm not weighing myself for the next...few days:)

Iron Fit is kickin' my a$$! I have NO upper body strength and one of the things we have been working on are called Knee to Elbow.
This is a pic of my sis, Tiffani. I'm not a Crossfit genious but I think she's doing Knee to Elbows in this picture. Basically you hang from a bar (which is not an easy task for this big mama!) and then there is a technique (swing) to pull your knees up to your elbows. Needless to say, I can baaaarrrrreeellllyy  do one of them and when I do it, I don't know that I'm doing it right. I feel it so much on the underside of my arms behind my pits. SO SORE! I'm hoping that by then end of the six week class, I'll be able to do a couple of these the right way!
We jump rope too. Sounds fun and easy but IT IS A WORKOUT!  Lots of pushups, situps, 400M runs (which I love), we use the kettlebell, wall balls, ball slams, lots of different kinds of things. Check out Crossfit.com to learn about it.
If you want to try these workouts at home, my sister who is a Crossfit Trainer and works at a Crossfit gym in Redmond has a Facebook page called Hot Mama: Daily Workouts.
I'm still spinning too. LOVE IT SO MUCH! One of the best cardio workouts! I am going to have buns of steel ;)
I'm still tweeking my diet. I'll fill you in more on that after my next weigh in!

4 comments:

Samantha said...

stop weighing yourself girl!!! :) I haven't looked at the scale in 6 days- probably going to wait a while, I don't want to get disappointed if I don't see the number I want and stop working out because of it!

I am HORRIBLE at push ups. I hate working arms, but my goal is to be able to do some push ups. THey are so hard for me.

Your sis has some hot arms!

go girl go girl!!

Stephanie said...

Yes, I have to stop weighing myself too. It's way too stressful and makes me so discouraged. My hubby is constantly reminding me that my weight will fluctuate from day to day. Also, that workout sounds CRAZY. Hope this week goes great for you and that you can get more great workouts in!

Stacey said...

Wow, that sounds like a hard workout!

What I do with weighing is first thing in the morning, naked, after I pee, lol. That way there is no water or food sitting in me to skew the number, and it's easily comparable.

Brandon and Jenny said...

Geez! I am so motivated by you! I have the same weighing problem...I am addicted to my scale! It had been 6 days since I got on the scale, and I just couldn't wait until tomorrow to step back on. Big mistake. I was up some weight! Augh! keep it up and I will check out that crossfit!