Monday, January 10, 2011

I should be Wonder Woman by now...

...but sadly, I'm NOT!
Here is why I think I should be in the best shape of my life:

-I push and pull at least a couple loads of laundry a day
-I sweep at least twice a day which requires a squat to get it into the dust pan
-Constantly squating to pick up toys off the floor
-Pack around 17lbs worth of baby all day/every day
-Lift 17 lbs and 40 lbs of children into and out of the car/ high chair/ kitchen chair/ bath tub/ bed/ crib multiple times a day.
-Walk continuously throughout the house monitoring my kids' whereabouts, putting things away, etc. I am also on my feet to do the day to day cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping, take the garbage out, search for my cell phone, back and forth to kitchen for coffee and food, you get the idea.
-Push myself up and down off the floor when I play with my kids or throw an adult tantrum.
-Wrestle and throw balls with the child #1
-Bounce back and forth, front and back to soothe child #2 when needed and for some naps
-Stretch and reach, squat, lean, bend while getting dishes and loading and unloading the dishwasher.

Come to think of it, as I write this...this is also my job description.  However, WHY AM I NOT WONDER WOMAN? I MUST burn tons of calories doing all these things, right?!
Just a thought.

1 comment:

signingcharity said...

Love it. I say you are wonder woman (and me too). Our bodies just don't know it yet.