Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 4 and 5! I'm feeling it now!

Day 4:
Spinning for 30 minutes followed by 15 minutes of core workout.
I can't even tell you enough how much I am loving Spin class. On Saturdays they have an 1.5 hr spin class but I can't go because of Cass' schedule. They have daycare there but Kendall is a total freak when I'm not around! My MIL came to watch her the other night and she cried the entire time I was gone. I feel terrible for whoever has to watch her! I know she is fine she is just going through that separation anxiety...but the person watching her must want to pull there own hair out! So for the time being and to spare everyone else their sanity, I will just try and leave her with Cass. Let's just hope this phase passes quickly!

Day 5: Yesterday
Tough day to get motivated for the gym. I wasn't taking any classes. I was on my own. That's fine, but yesterday my body was tired from the previous 4 days and we were enjoying a p.j. day at home. I was working on lots of laundry and just trying to keep up with the normal everyday housework (a workout in itself!).  However, I pulled myself together and went. I could only muster a measley 30 min on the eliptical. At least I went, huh?!
I probably won't make it today, day 6. I'm going out to visit with my dad and give my bod a break. I seriously can't hold my arms above my head I am that sore!
I have a full day tomorrow with a Birthday party for my cute little nephew Noah and of course good football on t.v. But I can't start making excuses. I will go tomorrow evening. My goal tomorrow: run 3 miles.
I am also signing up for the Corvallis Half Marathon with my mom and a couple friends. Once you sign up there is no turning back...so it's time to start training!

My eating is still a work in progress. I feel like I am doing ok but I tend to eat the same foods over and over. The second I cave for something different or a little less healthy, I snowball in a bad direction. I'm doing just ok and I want to get to great. Any recipe ideas, snack ideas, etc would be awesome!!!

No comments: